Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ball Cheese III

Finally, it is complete. After over a month of souring, salting, and ripening, the Ball Cheese is finished. And it's actually pretty good! The taste is a little bit like cheddar with a strong, sharp finish. As the original recipe suggested, I ate the cheese with bread, and documented it here:









The verdict: Although the cheese making process is really interesting to me, I don't think I'll attempt this again until I have a farm of my own--or at least a house. I don't think my little apartment was the best atmosphere for souring milk or ripening cheese. Having said that, I'm really happy that I gave this recipe a try and would suggest it for people with an interest in cheese or cheese making. 


Happy adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment